Nothing beats home-cooked meals. This also applies to dog food. With only 5 wholesome ingredients, you will be surprised how easy this recipe is.
Yields 10 - 12 cups of food or 3 quarts.
- 1 Butternut squash, peeled, seeded, diced
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 lb chopped spinach
- 1 tbs turmeric
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups of water for cooking
- In a large pot, boil 2 cups of water then add butternut squash. Stir occasionally.
- When butternut squash is tender, add turkey then continue to cook until turkey is done.
- Add spinach to the pot. Mix well then add turmeric. Stir until turmeric is blended well.
- Add cooked rice and mix well.
- Turn off the stove top. Let it cool down then transfer to a container.